David Geary just posted this excellent analysis of why he thinks that Rails is near the tipping point and will soon become widely adopted. Its definitely worth reading.
I particularly liked the list of well known Java personalities who have already enthusiastically embraced Rails:
- _ James Duncan Davidson (ANT)_
- Mike Clark (Pragmatic Automation)
- Jason Hunter (Java Servlet Programming)
- Bruce Tate (Bitter Java, Spring Dev Notebook)
- Dion Almaer (Founder of theserverside.com)
- Stuart Holloway (Component Dev for Java)
- Justin Gehtland (Better, Faster, Lighter Java)
- Glenn Vanderburg (Tricks of the Java Programming Gurus)
- David Geary (Graphic Java, Core JSF)
The preceeding connectors and mavens have all become passionate evangelists for Rails and through their blogs, training courses, and public speaking engagements, have managed to infect thousands of people world-wide with the Rails gospel.
There are certainly more names that could be added to this list, but its pretty impressive as it stands!